So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Sunday, March 20, 2016

I'm actually quilting!

my Pineapple Blossom quilt!  This top has been finished for over a year, but I just never got around to quilting it.

Pineapple Blossom
It is a big one, and it is giving me a workout, as it is a lot of quilt to be moving around and quilting on my HV Mega Quilter.

I know it is going to take me a while so I didn't want to be putting it on and taking it off of the long arm. I rent time on one, but would never get this done in a single go.  What I did do with the long arm was baste it together.  It is just too big for me to spray baste and feel confident that it would stay together with all the manhandling it is going to be getting!

front1
creating some frames, with the busy front, it's easier to see them from the back

back1
the back (Tula Pink Free Fall - a lovely wide backing!)

I also know that this is NOT show quality quilting, and I'm okay with that.  This quilt is going to be for our bed, and while I am having fun and trying out some things, I am not overly fussed about the wobbles and bobbles.

front2
some dot-to-dot, some pebbles and some curved cross-hatching

back2 bw
What?  You couldn't see it on that busy front??? (image is in black and white)
I had thought I might do some ruler work, but it is just too much quilt to manage that, so I've been marking the quilt and stitching, and then marking some more.  I've put in some stabilizing stitches throughout the top, and now I'm going back and starting in the middle and working my way out. I don't have a plan, lets just see what comes next!

Happy quilting!
Janet

4 comments:

sherry said...

looks good…lots of quilting in this one

Heidi said...

Love these colors! I tend to put off quilting the large ones, but what a reward you have to look forward to!

Renate said...

Good to see that it's getting your luscious final touch. Say when did you get a longarm?

Jerri said...

This is a unique pattern I've never seen before. Hey, I just noticed this post was written on my bday! Lol
Anyway, saw your work first on IG and had to check out your blog. Glad I did. Love your work! You are very talented. Must take a lot of patience. Happy quilting!