So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Friday, May 16, 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival #2

AmysCreativeSide.com

It's that wonderful time of the year when Amy Ellis of Amy's Creative Side hosts the Bloggers Quilt Festival - Spring edition. Go be inspired by all the fabulous quilts in several different categories. This is my second entry this year, so my apologies to my readers who have already read this on my earlier post!  Welcome to those of you coming over from the linkup, hope to see you again!

I wasn't able to decide what I wanted to post this year, so I decided to post both of them, my first post is here, which is my entry in the Home Machine Quilted category.  This is my entry in the Mini Category.
Colourblock
Colourblock was made as a result of a theme challenge in the Tangled Textiles group of "Artistic License".  I really enjoy the graphic nature and colour blocking of some of Piet Mondrian's work.  This is my interpretation, and I can't begin to tell you how much I like this one!  It's simple and clean, graphic - I think there will be more along these lines!  Simply quilted with straight lines, which is somewhat unusual for me, who tends to quilt the life out of things...



Colourblock Details
size: 16" x 16"
quilting: Aurifil thread, 50 wt top and bottom, black & white
batting:  wool
original design


Thank you for stopping by and happy quilting!

34 comments:

Cathy said...

Very cool, especially the way you quilted this piece.

Cloud CouCou said...

This is so striking. I love the design and the quilting is a lovely detail.

Catherine said...

I love it! How ingenious to reflect all the lines and blocks in the way you've quilted it! I could look at it a long time:-)

SarahZ said...

Colour blocked, and quilt blocked! I love the simplicity and the boldness of the whole design! A lot!

Kat said...

I really like this! The quilting just makes it.

Poppyprint said...

Very graphic! It's great Janet!

Sue Daurio said...

Wow!!! something so simple turned into something so extraordinary! How do you do it???

dutchcomfort said...

I love your Mondriaan quilt, of course I do! The straight line quilting is so effective in this design! Brilliant!

Kris said...

This is brilliant, I really love it.

Denise Bongiovanni~ said...

Okay, this quilt is only second in sequence! It is #1 in my eyes...I love the simple but really effective quilting. It reminds me of plaid!! Another beautiful entry! Thank you for sharing your work.

Nini~
niniandthesea.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Wow...what an interesting effect. Now I want to try it. Great job!

pinsandneedles said...

Love the simplicity of this quilt! great job!

Canadian Abroad said...

That quilting is so cool! Totally transforms the quilt.

einfach bunt said...

Oh, this is so beautiful!

CitricSugar said...

Now THAT's how you do texture! Great job and so precisely quilted.

Vera said...

The quilting really adds to the design. Well done.

Maggi said...

You have captured the Mondrian style so well and the use of those quilting lines gives it so much added interest without taking anything away from the colour blocking.. Love it.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a great mini! Those quilting lines are so exact. well done!

Beth said...

LOve the color and the straight lines of quilting. Simple but so effective.

Lisa said...

I love this! The quilting is great, really makes it pop.

Ann said...

Very cool!

Pinspot said...

The quilting just MAKES this little mini! Very creative!

Shay said...

WOW! I love how you let the quilting do most of the talking on this piece. It really brings out the blocks of colour and adds a ton of visual interest. Great idea!

sherry said...

love the quilting…it really sets off the design

Vicki Miller said...

This one is so crisp and clean. Much better than mondrian as it is also cosy!

Ольга Романив said...

How I love it!

Nini And The Sea said...

love the colors! I also like how the it's quilted! I pretty much like it all!

Sarah said...

I love love love the quilting

Sarah said...

I love love love the quilting

amy said...

It's gorgeous! I wish I could touch it! (sorry if that sounds gross, lol)

Kristie said...

Oh. I love this!!

Wendy said...

What a fab quilt. I love the colour blocks and the stripey strips. The quilting is just fabulous

Kelly said...

The texture you've created here is magnificent! I love this little mini-quilt! I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

Joanne said...

Wow! What patience and what accuracy. The end result is totally stunning